BOUTIQUE PHOTOGRAPHY

JAMIE CARLSON PHOTOGRAPHY

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sun and Snow...


I walk outside today and the snow is there... but something is different... The sun is shining!!

I love the sun reflected off of the snow. It reminds me of the warmth that I so miss this time of year, joined with the beauty of the snow.

I needed that today. You see, both of my sisters live very far away. They were both here for a bit. My one sister, Whitney, lives in St. Maartin. She and her hubby own a scuba, snorkel and Sea Trek discovery business there. Yes, she dives with the sharks and even has a little shark bite scar to show for it. For some reason I think that is kind of cool. :) My other sister, Marcy, lives with her hubby and four kids in Greece. My daughter and her girls are like sisters. So, yesterday we had to say goodbye... again... sigh.

I have to admit it was very rough... the girls embraced and cried... I came home and quietly cried much of the day. I am thankful that we sisters are so close, and grateful that our parents nurtured that.

As I woke today, I remembered that my sisters were gone, and I don't know the next time we will see one another... I looked out the window and saw that sunshine light upon the snow... it truly SPARKLED! I was reminded that "Joy comes in the morning..." Today is a new day!

Because blogs are better with a picture... the one above is one I did in the snowy weather of my niece who lives in Greece.

Enjoy the snow... and the sun!
lots of love,
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment