BOUTIQUE PHOTOGRAPHY

JAMIE CARLSON PHOTOGRAPHY

Monday, January 11, 2010

RECIPE!!

I know... crazy... a recipe on a photographers blog... :)
What can I say, I am a photographer who also loves to cook!
Through this blog, I hope you get to know me and as you comment, I get to know you, too! So, don't forget to comment below the post! One of my goals this year is to post at least 5 days a week... so be sure to check in often. You never know what might be featured each day!
Enough chat... onto the recipe promised. :)
This recipe is a great salad! So refreshing. Enjoy!
Spinach Salad with Basil Dressing
Basil dressing :
1/2c olive oil
1/4c balsamic vinegar
5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
2t sugar
1 clove garlic minced
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Salad:
1 pound fresh spinach
1 avocado, peeled and sliced
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes sliced in half
1/2c crumbled feta cheese
1/2c pine nuts toasted
Dressing needs to be made at least 1 hour ahead. Spinach leaves may be prepared and refrigerated in a zip lock bag 1 day ahead.
For dressing, combine oil, vinegar, basil, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender. Blend well. Chill dressing 1 to 2 hours.
Wash and dry spinach. Remove stems and tear into small pieces.
Toss spinach with dressing, tomato, avocado, cheese and pinenuts.
Enjoy!!
Meet you back here tomorrow... let me know if you made it and enjoyed it!
lots of love,
Jamie


No comments:

Post a Comment